New User Experiences
- The new Structured Scenario editor lets you rapidly build use case analysis models that drive downstream development.
- Leverage your scenarios to generate acceptance tests, activity graphs, state charts and other behaviour diagrams. Achieve maximum traceability by linking scenario steps directly to business rules, domain elements, glossary items and more!
- Create Workflow scripts for finely tuned change management controls. Complementing role based security, scripts can leverage user permissions, compare current vs proposed values and issue warnings for denied changes.
- Combine Workflow scripts and Model Search for a running list of personal tasks.
- Streamline the modeling environment easily for your specific role with the new Workspace Layout Manager. At the click of a button, switch between analysis, developer and tester roles or simply define any window layout that works for you!
New Tools and Technologies
- Execution Profiler adds timing information to analysis of executing apps (Windows native). Quickly report on the most frequently called functions and tasks that consume the most time.
- Introducing support for SOMF 2 and the Unified Profile for DoDAF and MODAF (UPDM).
Lightning Fast Performance!
Application start-up, model load, general editing, code import and diagram display - all tuned for high performance with massive scalability!
'Load on Demand' supported for local EAP models.
New DBMS index packs improve overall performance for extremely large server-based repositories.
- Enhanced Element Browser now includes Testing, Project Management, Structured Scenarios and Maintenance items, creating a central hub for dynamic model reviews and a context sensitive launchpad for appropriate actions.
- Dynamic Visual Filtering lets you highlight or hide diagram elements based on selected properties. Perfect for presenting 'as-is' and 'to-be' architectures!
- RTF Reporting includes new fields and sections, improved template editing and enhanced performance.
- Glossary Term auto-completion and intellisense suggestions save you typing and help improve consistency of terms across your project.
- The Source Code Editor includes syntax highlighting for VBScript and JScript, line number toggling and improved management of unrecognised code segments.
- Improved Windows Vista/7 compatibility with better management of user settings and User Account Control.